Dear Community Partner:
We greatly value the services you provide low-income women, infants and children. You are a critical partner in improving the health status of our WIC participants.
Please continue referring families to the WIC program.
Some of your families may be eligible for WIC services but not participating. If not, they are missing out on nutrition and breastfeeding education, checks for nutritious food and other valuable WIC health services.
Please ask all pregnant women and mothers if they, their infants or their children under five years of age are WIC participants. Also ask fathers, grandparents, foster parents and other guardians if their infants and young children are WIC participants.
We are able to provide our WIC program services to all eligible families.
Please refer your families regardless of income. WIC staff will determine their eligibility. Employed families as well as unemployed families may qualify for WIC benefits.
People can find out about eligibility by calling
(310) 661-3080. Those who are able to access this website can also find valuable information here.
WIC provides free services to
• women who are pregnant or have recently given birth
• women breastfeeding an infant under one year of age
• children up to the age of five
• all foster children from birth to age five
Those eligible for WIC services can receive
• nutrition counseling and education
• checks for free nutritious foods
• breastfeeding counseling, education and support
• parenting education
• immunization assessment, education and referral
• referrals to community services
When WIC participants of any age are faced with certain health challenges, they receive special nutritional counseling provided by the registered dietitians and degreed nutritionists at each WIC center. Read more here>>
Our community health outreach workers periodically visit doctors’ offices, Head Starts and community organizations to provide WIC presentations and materials and to be helpful in other ways.
Click on the following links to learn about
• our breastfeeding policy
• our nutrition services that address medical conditions
• our early childhood development screening and support
• therapeutic formula at WIC
• immunization education at our WIC centers
Click on the following links to access
Thank you for referring your families to the WIC Program. We look forward to working with you and your staff.
Please contact us with any questions or requests.
Supervisor, WIC Outreach and Provider Relations
(323) 757-7244 ext. 298
Chief, WIC Outreach and Provider Relations
(323) 757-7244 ext. 252